7 Tips for Doing Your Own Wedding Makeup
If you are like us, you would rather spend your wedding budget on the important things such as your dress and shoes. There are ways to stretch your budget and doing your own makeup is a great place to save a little money. This task isn’t for the faint of heart which is why we created these seven tips to make sure your makeup is perfect on the most important day of your life.
1. Prep your skin. Get your skin in excellent shape before the big day. Optimally, this process should begin 6 weeks prior to ensure you don’t have a reaction to any changes in your routine.
- Begin exfoliating regularly. This step will give you a glow that will make your pictures gorgeous.
- Drink lots of water. Hydrated skin is healthy skin and will make sure any fine lines are not visible.
- Use lip balm. As often as possible, apply balms to keep from having flaky lips.
- Have a professional match your foundation color perfectly.
2. Start with a primer. This is one of the most important things you can do. A primer helps everything stay in place. It’s such a long, emotional day and a girl needs her makeup to look great all day long.
3. Spend time getting your complexion perfect with concealer, foundation, bronzer and a highlighter. Concealer will cover any imperfections while a highlighter will accentuate your assets. Use a foundation brush to apply makeup with a flawless finish. Follow up with a light dusting of bronzer for a little color. If you feel you need to further “set” your makeup, apply a small amount of loose powder.
4. Add blush to the apples of your cheeks. This gives you a fresh and natural look.
5. Keep eye shadow as natural as possible. Start by applying concealer to the lid, this will help eye shadow stay fresh all day. Apply a light color all over followed by a deeper color in the crease. Keep liners to a minimum to keep your eyes from appearing smaller than they are. Finish with mascara on curled lashes using waterproof if you think you may be teary.
6. Don’t forget your brows! Have them waxed or plucked well in advance of the wedding. You don’t want red or puffy eyes! Fill them in with a powder then top with an eyebrow wax to keep them in place.
7. Lips. Ahhh, our favorite part! You can go a little bolder here, but again, we recommend you have a professional help you with color. Fill them in with a flesh-toned liner applying color directly on top. Place a single layer of tissue over your lips and lightly dust with a loose powder. Re-apply color, top with a clear gloss.
Follow these simple tips and your makeup will be picture perfect for your big day!
Image Source: BigStock