- Quicklook $23.00 $18.99 Carhartt Men's Long Sleeve Workwear Pocket T-Shirt
- Quicklook $14.99 Carhartt Men's Workwear Pocket T-Shirt
- Quicklook $100.00 $79.99 Carhartt Men's Duck Active Jacket - Quilted-Flannel Lined
- Quicklook $44.99 Carhartt Men's Rain Defender™ Paxton Heavyweight Hooded Sweatshirt
- Quicklook $210.00 $89.99 Carhartt Women's Sandstone Active Jacket - Flannel Lined
- Quicklook $75.00 $61.99 Carhartt Men's Duck Detroit Jacket - Blanket Lined
- Quicklook $28.00 $22.99 Carhartt Men's Long Sleeve Workwear Henley
- Quicklook $42.00 $34.99 Carhartt Men's Midweight Hooded Pullover Sweatshirt
- Quicklook $80.00 $64.99 Carhartt Men's Sandstone Mock-Neck Vest
- Quicklook $39.99 Carhartt Men's Midweight Hooded Logo-Sleeve Sweatshirt
- Quicklook $34.99 Carhartt Men's Force Cotton Delmont Quarter Zip
- Quicklook $64.99 Carhartt Men's Rain Defender™ Rutland Thermal-Lined Hooded Sweatshirt
- Quicklook $10.95 Carhartt Women's Vibrant Stripe Boot Sock
- Quicklook $48.00 $39.99 Carhartt Men's Midweight Hooded Zip-Front Sweatshirt
- Quicklook $105.00 $84.99 Carhartt Men's Sandstone Active Jacket - Quilted Flannel Lined
- Quicklook $92.00 $69.95 Carhartt Girl's Camo Boone Canvas Jacket
- Quicklook $21.00 $16.99 Carhartt Men's Short Sleeve Workwear Henley
- Quicklook $59.99 Carhartt Men's Rain Defender Mock-Zip Hooded Sweatshirt
- Quicklook $90.00 $69.95 Carhartt Boy's Real Tree Camo Jacket
- Quicklook $135.00 $109.99 Carhartt Men's Sandstone Sierra Jacket - Sherpa Lined
- Quicklook $19.99 Carhartt Men's Long-Sleeve Graphic Logo T-Shirt
- New Arrivals
- Overalls & Coveralls
- Big & Tall
- Rain Gear
Who is Hamilton Carhartt?
With some helpful advice from his first potential buyer, he realized his products had to be different. After talking with a railroad engineer, he created an overall garment specifically for the railroad worker which had never been made before. Hamilton Carhartt founded his namesake company in 1889 and began making work wear with a single goal in mind: Set a standard of excellence to which all others would aspire. Starting with only 4 sewing machines and about 5 employees, the first products manufactured were overalls in duck and denim fabrics. By traveling from town to town and visiting each railroad division, he was able to establish himself in the overall business. With entrepreneurial vision and determination, Hamilton Carhartt established a brand that has stood the test of time.
The Great Depression had a devastating effect on Carhartt resulting in only three plants remaining in the U.S. after 1930. Hamilton and his son Wylie established the "Back to the Land" campaign leading to the joint opening of the Irvine, Kentucky operations with the towns people of Irvine. Carhartt's Manufacturing Administrative offices are still located in Irvine, Kentucky today.
We grew throughout the early 1900's establishing more than 17 plants and three mills throughout the United States, Canada, and Europe. "From the mill to millions" was our motto and was reflected in our operations which included cotton production, denim mills and apparel manufacturing facilities. Carhartt Master Cloth was designed and woven especially by our mills for use in Carhartt garments and was pledged to be the best cloth that could be produced.
Hamilton Carhartt passed away in 1937 at the age of 82. Today, his company remains a family owned operation committed to the mission of providing Best-in-Class apparel for the active worker.
"I believe that when a man wears an article that I manufacture, his self-respect is increased because he knows that it is made by an honest manufacturer, who is honest with his employees"
- Hamilton Carhartt